Thursday, February 16, 2012

On Tuesday

This just in! (two days ago): New developments on my journey to Chandler's heart.

Tuesday, I didn't see him until the very end of the day. Staff was running around to clean up, but volunteers aren't expected to help clean. I saw him standing around awkwardly in his goofy warm-up-pants, thinking to himself, Am I done? Do they need more help? Do I just leave?
And I answered these hypothetical questions in my head, You're done, we don't need any more help, but no you may not leave!

I walked up and said, "Chandler!" hoping he would remember my name. He did not say it, but I left my name tag on so maybe he will remember my name next week. I invited him to a staff basketball tournament on Feb 25, and he said he would come. The rest of the conversation revolved around my trying to convince him to be on my team. He wouldn't commit, but he was really enjoying bargaining. He almost agreed to a signed picture of myself, but then decided to stick to his initial offer of 15 million dollars. I believe it was approximately a seven minute conversation and we laughed about four different sub-topics. Needless to say, I am now a thousand times more excited about this basketball tournament.

Brushing up on some light reading,
Kitty

No comments:

Post a Comment